Using the WMTS-Service basemap.at in ESRI ArcGIS Pro (v 1.4) and QGIS (v 2.18) I discovered some differences in the display-quality of the WMTS-Service in both programs – while basemap.at was a beauty in ArcGIS Pro, the display-quality in QGIS was not that smooth… (@same extent etc.)
Is the widely pushed OGC Geopackage (GPKG)(http://www.geopackage.org/) ready for daily use – also as a replacement for the good old Shapefile as an exchange-format ? While QGIS already supports Geopackage (including direct editing) quite well for some time, the format starts to grow up in the ESRI environment. Some good news with ArcGIS Pro 1.4 …
Sport watches like the Garmin Swim or Forerunner-series are widely used. As a Linux-User, I was facing the „problem“ how to get the data on the PC from my Garmin swim (and to GarminConnect) … there are a lot of solutions around on the internet (some very old ones) – the following workflow works fine for me to get the data on the PC and upload it to GarminConnect.
Fooling around with QGIS (v 2.18) global program-settings, I found some interesting setting. It allows the user to copy geo-features directly from the table to the clipboard as GeoJSON (geom + attributes). So, no „export to…“ etc. is needed.
Nachdem ArcGIS Pro von ESRI erwachsen wird und sukzessive vermehrt im GIS-Alltag zum Einsatz kommt, anbei ergänzend zur Serie zur Anwendung bestmöglicher Transformationsparameter zwischen dem österreichischen Bundesmeldenetz und WGS84/ETRS89 die Implementierung dieser in ArcGIS Pro (Stand Version 1.3.1).
As a QGIS-User on Fedora-Linux I was at first happy having QGIS 2.14.x (LTR) in the Fedora 24 repository. After installing it with DNF the problems started… QGIS had some missing dependencies:
- pyspatialite error
- PyQt4-webkit error
Many different organisations have to deal with the management of guideposts – especially in alpine regions. Sometimes all the data about the guideposts is managed in databases and GIS-Systems.
This week Facebook started to block the usage of Facebook messages/chats on mobile devices just with the browser – Facebook forces their „products“ (=customers) to use their messenger-App (with all the device-rights this app wants…).
A little detour allows to further use FB messages/chat with your mobile browser 🙂